Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Project: Secondment of specialists to support and advise the capital portfolio management (CPM) project team.
The role will support a variety of cost and commercial commissions in the highways sector.
Supporting the commercial lead to ensure that cost plans are robust, integrated, represent value for money, and are supported by consistent internal and external benchmarking data.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting feasibility studies and benchmarking.
- Applying the value management techniques at the outset of a project.
- Supporting the estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan.
- Supporting the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively.
- Helping ensure that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
- Helping ensure that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively.
- Helping ensure the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client.
- Helping ensure that final accounts are negotiated and agreed.
- Being a valued interface with client and other consultants at all project stages.
- Assisting in the development of new business opportunities with existing and new clients.
You have a degree in quantity surveying or cost management and a professional member or working towards RICS. You have cost planning, budgeting and estimating experience. You have knowledge of the typical industry contract forms and procurement routes.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and provide support to multi-disciplinary teams. You will have cost consultancy experience and knowledge working within the highways sector and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.