Location: New York, US
THIS IS A FULL-TIME STAFF POSITION
CBS is seeking an Writers’ Assistant to joinThe Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Thisindividual will assist in facilitatingcommunication between the creative & production teams. The Writers’ Assistant will reports to EP and head writers.
- Communicating with graphics & footage teams to relay element updates.
- Sending regular script updates to Ad Sales and Standards & Practices.
- Transcribing notes in creative & editorial meetings.
- Monitoring all day-of and long lead scripts/pitches.
- Communicating with writers as necessary to relay needs of production & research, and vice versa.
- Sending lower thirds to post-production team.
- Handle administrative duties for the EP and writers including managing schedules, planning meetings, keeping calendars and programming schedules up to date, etc.
- Entry-level experience in TV production and/or a writers’ room.
- Strong interest and familiarity with TV production, late night, news and pop culture.
- Self-starter with a positive can-do attitude who identifies problems and then comes up with solutions.
- Ability to think ahead and catch problems before they arise.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City